Sure, but he still didn’t try to overthrow his king.David did not submit to Saul. That makes him a rebel. Or an outlaw. Either way.
Sure, but he still didn’t try to overthrow his king.David did not submit to Saul. That makes him a rebel. Or an outlaw. Either way.
Ok. I’ll concede the semantics.WTF?
Your point:
My point.
You literally said they didn't revolt, I said they did. We literally disagree.
From here:
![]()
So revolt, by english dictionary, allows posibility of nonviolent resistence and refusing to do what law says.
- intransitive verb To oppose or refuse to accept something.
- noun An act of protest or rejection.
So when early Americans refused to pay Stamp tax before Independence war, was that revolt too? Yes.
Think again... by my action I would be obedient to the Word of God and I would be following the example of Jesus Christ. Romans 13:7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. Your logic is leading you astray.By your logic, you would have to pay anyone who will be offend because you don't want to give them money.
Killing political dissidents is form of murder which requires death penalty which requires killing ruler.I’m just trying to flesh out the scriptural justification for a violent overthrowing of a monarch or any sovereign ruler. It’s lacking.
How?Think again... by my action I would be obedient to the Word of God and I would be following the example of Jesus Christ. Romans 13:7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. Your logic is leading you astray.
Breaking deal with colonists and then imposing his own rules is enough.Ok. I’ll concede the semantics.
Yes, revolt isn’t always violent. It’s sometimes civil disobedience.
I was using it in relation to violent revolution ala the American Revolution. That’s the topic of this section of the thread.
Now Im done with you.
David decides to wait on Lord.Sure, but he still didn’t try to overthrow his king.
Did you ever read Psalm 82? Why are we called elohim?None of the verses promise you being a co-creator or consulted on what how you desire life to be. That is narcissitic to think and unbiblical to believe. In the life to come, as believers, we will be glorified and transformed in ways we do not know. But that never put us on equal level with God.
The son is God also. You are not on equal footing as God.
Yes.John 14:15 If you love me you will keep my commandments - Love is action not feelings. Relationships are cemented on day to day actions of love and service, not just words and feelings.
My husband is an artist. You can praise an artist and often they will enjoy telling you some about their work. But if you ask constant questions about why they did x or how they did it that is exact opposite of a compliment, it is critiquing and in many ways giving you leverage to criticize. That is dissecting their work and taking away from it. Because you are trying to break it down into parts rather than appreciate the work for the full beauty of what it is. No artist wants to reveal full secrets of his craft to others as they are part of what make his art unique.
These questions can all be answered via biblical knowledge. Tricky or not the bible has guidelines that give you the ability to make moral decisions for every question you can have. It is each mans job to make these decisions for himself based on his biblical understanding.
As a woman my role is to be a keeper at home and helpmeet to my husband. That is the truth no matter if I live on a homestead or a large city. My husband and children are my mission field and focus.
When you are constantly stating how you deserve privileged treatment and equality with God its hard for me to not assume you are egalitarian in all beliefs. I was basing on current conversation, not knowing every post you've made on forum.
No, asking isn't nagging. Seeking understanding isn't nagging.I have firsthand experienced what it is like to live in a household where the wife is consistently questioning, needing to know why or disagreeing with the husband and and know that is not how a relationship is supposed to be structured biblically. This is also not how our relationship with God is supposed to be.
And yes, this constant questioning and needing to know why/nagging is how you are portraying you believe our relationship with God is supposed to be.
I do not see psalm 82 speaking about men there.Did you ever read Psalm 82? Why are we called elohim?
Okay. And why would you choose to serve a God you didn't trust? I choose to serve one I trust.Yes.
But trust is also important.
Now you are trying to justify critiquing God. What do you think your critique will improve in his perfect creation?What matters is what is in heart of asker. And some critiques are for benefits of artists.
No I didn't, I could and do have a biblical based opinion on these matters but it is not my place as a woman to decide. A man, as the head of his household gets to make the moral judgment on this. My belief is to align with my husbands decision.But you didn't answer them. So you keep in theories, while avoiding practicalities.
You have just proven my point. If my family is my most important one my sphere of influence to shine my light into will be about the same no matter where I live. friends,church, chosen community, and people interacted in stores, etc going about daily life.Maybe first and most important role. But is it only one?
I don't believe you have zero friends.
Your language in prior posts assume privilege beyond biblical promise and on par with at least Jesus, thus with God.I don't assume equality with God. He said we are His family which naturally implies some benefits. I just count those benefits to be true.
The way you describe it fits into my definition of nagging. To each their own.No, asking isn't nagging. Seeking understanding isn't nagging.
This is actually not something I loose sleep over. We choose not to eat pork. So the why is irrelevant.Here is another practical question? Why is pork banned in Old Testament?
If reason is consuming lots of water, that ban makes sense in arid environment, but not in tropics.
If reason is disease, then learning how no get infected by swine parasites stops reason for ban.
If reason is something else, then maybe ban is still valid now.
See, sometimes Lord's commands aren't universal throught time and space. There is no need for ban if reason for ban doesn't exist anymore. It's also such situation which call for deeper understanding.
So you tell me. You claim to know what Jesus was thinking so you must know what Paul was thinking. I can only look on the outward but you claim to know what only God knows. Amazing!I already said Jesus has decided He had more important work than preaching anti-tax. Maybe Paul decided the same?
So you tell me. You claim to know what Jesus was thinking so you must know what Paul was thinking. I can only look on the outward but you claim to know what only God knows. Amazing!
Jesus has decided He had more important work than preaching anti-tax.
I conclude from Lord's behaviour.So you tell me. You claim to know what Jesus was thinking so you must know what Paul was thinking. I can only look on the outward but you claim to know what only God knows. Amazing!
But there are judges there. And we will judge angels are per 1 Cor 6:2. So gods from psalm 82 could be humans.I do not see psalm 82 speaking about men there.
Okay. And why would you choose to serve a God you didn't trust? I choose to serve one I trust.
Yes, it could be better as Lord Himself implies.Now you are trying to justify critiquing God. What do you think your critique will improve in his perfect creation?
thebiblechristian.com
An artist will willingly accept critique from someone with more skill or experience as a whole or in a technique. Some person who has little to no experience critiquing is insulting at best.
Your language in prior posts assume privilege beyond biblical promise and on par with at least Jesus, thus with God.
The way you describe it fits into my definition of nagging. To each their own.
It matters. How do you explain to your children why some other Christians eat pork and your don't? Somebody must have false beliefs.This is actually not something I loose sleep over. We choose not to eat pork. So the why is irrelevant.
Jesus wasn't anti-tax, He paid the temple tax even though He didn't have to. What was on His mind is pure speculation.Jesus never preached an anti-tax sermon. At least nothing in Scripture would illustrate this.
Yes, the heavy taxation was coming from the Romans and they weren’t his target audience.Jesus wasn't anti-tax, He paid the temple tax even though He didn't have to. What was on His mind is pure speculation.
Sure, but (David) still didn’t try to overthrow his king.
Unless you are in the heavenly right now it is not talking about you or humans.But there are judges there. And we will judge angels are per 1 Cor 6:2. So gods from psalm 82 could be humans.
To much is given, much is required. I don't get to judge Gods trust level of me. I can just do my best to steward what God places in my life. That does grow over time and as relationship with Him and obedience to Him grows.But real question is how much Lord trust you.
There are people bad with money so Lord has to save them financial troubles every month. Do you want "finances savings" to be your most important impression in Lord's mind about you?
Or maybe something better?
Yes, it could be better as Lord Himself implies.
If our bodies now are perfect, then they couldn't be made better and there is no need for new bodies.
Yet, why are we they promised new bodies?:
![]()
35 Powerful Bible Verses About New Body In Heaven (With Commentary) - The Bible Christian
As Christians, we often think about what happens after we leave this world. One exciting promise in the Bible is the idea of receiving a new body in heaven.thebiblechristian.com
No. A critique from someone who isn't on equal or better skill level is never a compliment or taken as something other insulting.Spirit of critiques matter most.
The Bible does not support the idea that men are equal to Christ; rather, it distinguishes between equality of status and equality of nature.Because Lord says so:
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
And Jesus is son too. So by Lord Himself, Jesus is my brother. Helllo.
Since Jesus is firstborn son, He has some extra duties and benefits.
What you described in the above example is not nagging. It is asking What is needed to do to serve better.Again spirit matters. Nagging women ask for herself, not how to be most of service.
Since you see yourself as women of service to your husband, when was last time you asked your husband how can you be more helpful?
Imagine asking same question every week and doing whatever it takes to raise your service quality.
How can that be nagging?
It matters. How do you explain to your children why some other Christians eat pork and your don't? Somebody must have false beliefs.
The Bible does not support the idea that men are equal to Christ
Jesus, as recorded by John, became flesh (John 1:14). There could not be a plainer statement. But John continues to regularly demonstrate Jesus’ humanity:
In fact, the doctrine of Jesus’ humanity is so important that anyone who denies it is called antichrist! 1 John 4:3, 2 John 7.
- Attended social functions (John 2:1-11)
- Became angry & passionate (John 2:12-25)
- Nicodemus saw Him as a man (John 3:1-21)
- Tired, hungry & thirsty (John 4:1-42)
- Jesus referred to Himself as a man (John 8:40)
- Jewish leaders definitely saw Jesus as a man (John 10:33)
- Wept with human passion (John 11:1-57)
- Prays for divine strength (John 17)
- Feels pain and bleeds (John 18:12ff)
- Pilate said, "Behold the Man" (John 19:5)
- Called, “The Son of Man” (John 1:51, 3:13, 5:27, 6:27, 53, 62, 8:28, 9:35, 12:23, 34, 13:31)
- Dies (John 19:17-42), etc, etc.
Answer from user43409 on Stack Exchange
I agree that Jesus took on all aspects of our humanity. Thus being equal with men in being a human as much as we are. He was also more. The inverse doesn't carry over, that men get to take on in equality His divine attributes. Outside of the salvation and life to come promised all believers.I can't reply to this better than this:
Perhaps men were not equal to Jesus, but quite clearly Jesus made the effort to be equal to men.