• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why do some men get extra wives?

My first thought was that of my friend group of guys like me...very masculine, rough edges, low agreeability and somewhat to extremely handy as well as outdoorsy. absolutely all of them think that I am moderately nuts. None have the remotest interest in multiple wives. Many would not mind additional sexual access but find the notion of a second wife overtly unattractive.

Many or I suppose likely the majority have one or more divorce under their belt or have never married and instead played the field as it were or are in bitter loveless marriages.

Frankly I don't see what the cultural beef with plural marriage is beyond false scriptural nattering that even I can (and do regularly) tear down casually, popular entertainment portrayal of unsuccessful families and just flat out flakes. Remember that seeking sisterwives or searching polygamy or whatever it was called full on retarded "reality" TV show? That black couple where the woman was taking her perspective sisterwife to get their smurfs steamed with some sort of silly herbal and essential oil concoction? Oh ffs...if that or the short fat guy living in an RV who periodically was acting like a neurotic spastic by way of example...if these people represent plural marriage in the culture, then no wonder they think we are all weirdos. Or the culty BS that the media goes all shits and giggles about like Jeffs and his boinking all the tweens crap.

Plus there is the whole bloody ethical non monogamy crowd who were "poly" five minutes ago with their "networks" and who they or are not "fluid bonded" with...I am trying to to curse and go off on a vitriolic tirade, genuinely.

Where do we find a normal family of two or three wives and a bunch of children living a normal and non demented life to act as a real example?
Yeah yeah I know...nobody who is normal wants to be in the public eye.
I even made the joke once when my second wife was still in the family about how we were moderately normal and could likely be a decent example and could likely make a packet. It was genuinely a joke but it did not receive a laugh or the remotest warm welcome.
Nobody normal wants to be scrutinized and justifiably so.

So we continue to stay firmly in the weirdo camp as mortality salients increase and more people embrace the hookup culture of the fast life history strategists.
Ugh
 
My first thought was that of my friend group of guys like me...very masculine, rough edges, low agreeability and somewhat to extremely handy as well as outdoorsy. absolutely all of them think that I am moderately nuts. None have the remotest interest in multiple wives. Many would not mind additional sexual access but find the notion of a second wife overtly unattractive.

They prefer spending time on not-wives and sometimes not-women.

Sometimes men just don't love sex enough. Or rest what comes with women.
 
They prefer spending time on not-wives and sometimes not-women.

Sometimes men just don't love sex enough. Or rest what comes with women.
The latter of the two I would waver.

I think it is more an issue of milk training however.
If an idea is so out of bounds culturally, most a high agreeability that they will at least tacitly follow the rule. In this case given thst it is against our biology, plenty of men will cheat when given the chance. They won't consider more natural solutions than sneaking about and making an ass of yourself.
 
Back
Top